How to start -
Your Creative Business
Let's take your idea and help you plan your next step towards a creative business
Your Creative Business
• Are you a creative person who would like to start a new business, but doesn't know where to start?
• Has this idea been on your mind for a while and won’t go away?
• Are you intimidated by writing a business plan?
• Do you want to know what to do next?
In this one-day workshop, we will:
• Examine your business idea with you
• Help you answer those all-important questions
• Guide you through the process of weighing up the pros and cons
• Walk you through some crucial steps to see if your idea is feasible and what to do next
During the workshop you will:
• Work through your idea in a supportive environment
• Answer key questions and analyse your idea
• Look at how to cost your product / service
• Leave with an action plan of what to do next
This is a first step of unpacking your idea - whether it’s selling your art or craft work, running kids dance workshops or opening a gallery.
Your Facilitator: Ruth Woods
Ruth has run several successful creative businesses including Craft School Oz workshops, which have been held Australia-wide for the past five years. She originally trained as a clothing designer in the UK, including designing for fashion boutiques and has vast experience in the textile industry in England.
After arriving in Australia In the 90’s, Ruth created her own children's clothing label, employing several staff and turning over $100,000 in the first year.
She holds a Diploma in Women’s Clothing Design, a Visual Arts Diploma and a Bachelor of Adult Learning and Development from Monash University. She has taught small business skills to creative people in a community setting and at Swinburne TAFE; Ruth has worked as a mentor, specifically for creative businesses for the New Enterprise Incentive Scheme, a government initiative.
More recently in her work with Craft School Oz, she has been delivering creative workshops which thousands of people have enjoyed over the past few years.
Ruth likes to provide a supportive and encouraging environment for people to learn, pushing them to develop their ideas and move towards their goals.
We will provide tea, coffee and refreshments
Please email if you have questions regarding this workshop. firstname.lastname@example.org