The ideal gift for Mum this Mother's Day!
A $79 Voucher for our Upcycled Craft course bundle!
(Courses: Textile Basket Making and Learn to Slow Stitch)
What you'll get: we'll send you a digital (and very pretty) message with an email link to our incredibly popular online basket making and slow stitching workshops. You can forward your gift on to Mum who can then access her courses and get started.
About the courses:
Textile Basket Making
In this online workshop, you will learn how to create beautiful coiled baskets made from up-cycled textiles.
The course will cover the following topics.
- What tools you'll need
- What fabrics you can use
- How to create a colour palette and work with texture
- Starting a basket
- Keeping your basket flat, firm and how to shape it
- Finishing off your basket
Note: This course also includes left-handed examples of all instructions
Explore this slow stitching process where we reuse fabrics and clothes. We will explore texture, stitch and colour to create new old-look textile pieces, which could be, an art piece, a stitch journal, a bag, or even an item of clothing.
The workshop covers:
- What you will need
- Uses for Slow Stitching
- Sourcing and choosing your fabrics
- How to create 10 different stitches
- Working with colour
- Choosing your fabric
- Creating stitched circles
- Putting in a zip and making a loop
- Layering fabric
- Finding inspiration and working with your ideas