Learn how to harvest, select, and store plants to make baskets using the coiling technique.
Sun 23rd Feb - 10 am - 3.30 pm
Join us in this basket making workshop held within the award-winning Alowyn Gardens - only one hour from Melbourne CBD. This stunning setting offers a vibrant learning environment that will have you truly inspired - you won’t look at plants the same way again!
You will learn:
- Where to harvest plants to use
- What plants are suitable for harvesting to create a basket
- How to harvest, dry and store plants ready to create your basket
- You will also learn how to make cordage or string from plant fibers
- How to coil a basket
- How to shape a basket
- How to finish off your basket
- Entry to the gardens
- All materials
- Morning tea
This is an all-day workshop: 10 am - 3.30 pm
Baskets from the Garden Sun Feb 23rd | Yarra Glen VIC
Payment in full is required to secure your place for a Craft School Oz workshop. We cannot refund your payment if a cancellation is made less than three weeks before the workshop.
There is a minimum class number. If we don’t reach that number we may cancel the workshop. In this case, you will receive a full refund.